Which one?..AB168 or AR2412…

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Which one?..AB168 or AR2412…

This topic contains 35 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“Was that using a QU-Pac?”

QU-16

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Oh, and “phantom power several down the cat5” makes no sense, the power comes from mains input at the far end…

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Someone dare to ask for AR3216 running via Class 4 PoE? 😉
    25 Watts should be enough for maximum load (short circuit) on 32 phantom channels plus some processing logic…

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

Thanks people.
    I didn’t think that there would be any issue.
    My guess is that the original fount of this information (not the guy who told it to me) is someone who only uses Midas Pro series desks with the $50k+ price tag and cannot believe that an ‘entry level’ desk is as awesome as the Qu series is 😉

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The original post was AR or AB
    They both have their place in different scenarios.
    I do like the idea of an LED on each of the AB boxes indicating phantom power on/off.

And by the way Dags … I have used outside in a very live loud situation a QU32 with 24 channels pumping, Drums Bass 4 horns, lots of guitars, multiple stereo keys, 6 vocals all at the same time with 4 subgroups and 2 efx sends faders all on the one custom layer surface. And also matrix delay. Lots and lots of comps , EQs and processing, 2 ipads running and the AR2412 never missed a beat!
    At that level you gotta have faith I guess. 😐

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Haven’t made the investment yet but I do have one last question. I am in great need of more stereo mix outputs and I need to know if I can get these from both units? I understand I would utilize groups to do this -yes?

debzdoodle
    Participant

I was really hoping for this firmware update to enable linking of mono mixes to make stereo but as it didn’t happen, I’ll need an alternative.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

From the larger units you can use groups as mixes, yes.

That gives 7 stereo mixes I think…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

And if you want to mono your existing stereo outputs you need to use external combiners with special resisters to SUM the connections.
    DO NOT JUST JOIN the wires together.
    There are available small black boxes that will do this externally that work well.
    Hope this helps

debzdoodle
    Participant

Thanks Bob…

NZDave… I don’t need any more mono, just stereo – good info to have though-thanks.I actually have a small combiner box that I take to all the shows – never need it but good to have just in case.

Now I just need to jump on the best deal I can find for either the AR or the AB…..

debzdoodle
    Participant

So how many extra stereo mixes can I get by using an AB168 or and AR2412 with my QU-PAC?

debzdoodle
    Participant

Also, been looking at my Qu-Pac on screens I never use that will have to be set up to assign channels for the D snake. Not sure how to do it so Im going to need some help. Maybe once I get the unit, things will become clearer….What does the n/c stand for in the channel assign boxes?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

N/c means ‘not connected’

You don’t get extra outputs, you just a choice of places to push the signals.

debzdoodle
    Participant

Oh.. I was hoping to be able to get one more stereo mix by using the AB168… oh well, its not a deal breaker. So, N/C means not connected ha ha… couldn’t work it out – feel a bit silly now !
    Thank you Bob

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I asked the same question a while back 😉

The StageBoxes are purely a multicore – albeit a software patchable one.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.