which is it? how to tell ??

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions which is it? how to tell ??

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

I know AFL and PFL but when the light is on for PAFL on LR

Which

is it ??

How are you supposed to know if PAFL is set to PFL or AFL?

Do any of the other pafl buttons toggle this setting?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Probably, if it’s an input, then it’s Pre-Fade, but if it’s an output, it’s After-Fade. But This can be changed in the Audio Setup, so I can’t be sure how it’s set for you.

See page 62 of the manual. It’s the box in the lower left of the screen shot. Unless you have a specific reason for wanting to change it, I’d suggest that the default settings (shown in that image) are what you should use.

Also Kieth’s done a short video

volounteer
    Participant

@markpaman

Thanks

I was hoping there might be a way to know what it was set to with the light and not have to go to the set up and hunt for it.

My problem occured when the video team wanted to do a test and said they could not hear any sound with the mix78.
    Normally that is done by the A1 on Sunday AM.

I tried mix button on and off along with the pafl button toggled both ways.
    I never dealt with sending the mix to video team before so was caught off guard while trying to set up the CD for recording that nights service while checking the settings for the audio use that night.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If you know how it’s set up, it’s not going to change by itself and it’s only one or two button presses away to check. Or when you’re setting up you could just hit the PAFL button and move the fader to see/hear what happens.

volounteer
    Participant

@markpaman

Thanks. First time I needed it and was under time pressure to do other things as the session was getting ready to start.
    I suppose I should have though of checking set up but it did not occur to me at that moment.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

So mix 7 8 was working to feed audio to the video system and now suddenly it’s
    not.
    Did a new scene get recalled that did not have the routing for mix 7 8 stored in it?

Were too many helpfull hands poking around in the mixer and change one of a dozen different settings that could shut down a mix?

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

It is not clear if it actually was not working now.
    The symptoms seemed to indicate that was the case.
    But this was an ad hoc test requested by the video team at a time I was busy and could not really investigate everything well.

We have had on and off problems with sound to video, which I suspect is mostly user errors on their end.
    We have only one scene. Nobody is ever supposed to make a change and then save.
    But that is something we could check. As far as I could tell mix78 was set up and should work okay.
    As to dozens of settings that could shut down a mix I would have to do a lot of research. I can only think of a very few that would result in no sound at all going to the video pc.

Nobody touches cables so it should still be connected. (Except briefly when covid hit and changed venue to parking lot)
    ( but we have been back in the building for some time now and cables should not be touched by anyone except a vandal:) )
    If it does not resolve quickly next Sun AM we may need to check them again to be sure.

Yes there are many hands poking around but they should only affect their scene for that day.
    We have one base scene for Sun and Wed, which gets tweaked depending on what mikes will be used and maybe stage inputs or CD playback with prerecorded music.

The MD had initially started everything; and I came in with just enough time to set up the recording on CD and tweak faders if needed during the show. Thanksgiving service on Weds had audience speakers with mikes set up on stands so I ended up raising the gain on some of them as many folks are afraid of the mike and tend to talk softly.

We do not normally do video on Weds so this was a last minute surprise when they said they wanted to but then said there was no sound. AFAIK mix78 is always on and fed to the audio interface whether they ask for it or not.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.