Which A&H Digital desk is best for a Studio Setup?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Which A&H Digital desk is best for a Studio Setup?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteveO SteveO 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteveO
    SteveO
    Participant

So a question for all studio guys and girls, I am looking at purchasing another desk and wondered which A&H digital desk in your opinion is a good bet or best for a studio set up and why?

I currently use a QU16 for live mixing and love it, im thinking a QU24 but well open to suggestions.

Cheers all

Steve

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

for general studio use non of the desks is a good solution
    most of them have a fixed sample rate and are not optimised for studio work

the project studio is a different thing
    the QU’s would be a good start, but the SQ-6 looks like a better solution (96kHz, audio networking interfaces)

it highly depends on your workflow

Profile photo of SteveO
    SteveO
    Participant

Thanks Steffen,

I am just delving into the world of studios and the different styles of workflows / setups.

Is there any good practice or advice you could give? or even some good resources I could review that you know of?

I am keen to get my hands dirty but its always helpful if I can get advice from someone who has more knowledge than myself.

Steve

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

Simply use the Qu-Drive and then transfer the files into your favorite DAW to edit, mix & master. I record all this way all the time when I’m in “recording mode”. If your workflow includes playing music with other people “live”, then this way is very good for audio capture.

Profile photo of SteveO
    SteveO
    Participant

Hey Studiodawg, yeah I have used this method many times but im looking to work with a band in the live room and be remote in the control room, I am lucky enough to have two rooms at home to set up. Just looking at doing it once and doing it right. starting to look at focusrite red net kit hmmmmm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.