where can I get this usb?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions where can I get this usb?

This topic contains 44 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Based on the positive experiences here regarding the Kingston Traveler USB drive, and the many disappointments I have had trying so many drives that have failed to work, I went ahead and purchased a Kingston Traveler that arrived to day. I am SO happy to report – IT WORKS – I can concur these drives work with the QU series mixers.
    The last drive I purchased was a refurbished Sandisk Extreme 3.0 (old stock) because they changed something in the new ones and they do NOT work. I have been using 3 old style Sandisk Extremes over and over and they have always been good but I had started to think my only option going forward was refurbished till they would at some point literally run out and I’d be stuck. I have tried dozens of drives with very little success.
    The refurbished one cost me over $20. This Kingston just cost me $6.99 and I am SO happy – thanks to those here who shared this info….I will be ordering a bunch more.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@debzdoodle

And where did you get yours from?

Best buy
    B&H
    amazon
    bad egg
    other ?

Profile photo of mixsit
    mixsit
    Participant

Debzdoodle, Looking for ‘Kingston Traveler I find a bunch all called DataTravelers. Could you show your specific drive please?
    Thanks
    (Aka’Wayne2 over at ProSound Web :>)

https://www.kingston.com/us/usb-flash-drives

volounteer
    Participant

@mixsit

I hope @debzdoodle meant the one with the circle in the handle like the AH picture shows.

There are way too many drives with the same name but different model and submodel ID as well as size that affect where they were made and how good they are.

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ-5-USB.jpg

This looks the same but no AH logo on it
    https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-DataTraveler-DTSE9G2-16GB/dp/B00SOL9ZSA/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=kingston+datatraveler+16gb&qid=1578330726&sr=8-5

Profile photo of mixsit
    mixsit
    Participant
    volounteer
    Participant

@mixsit

interesting. looks like SE9 is the one we want to try.
    it is compatible with win 10 8/8.1 7sp1 but not vista nor xp
    also linux v2.6x+

I wonder what did windoze do after vista to cause backwards compatibility problems

I hope @debzdoodle will come back and post a link andor verify the exact model she got that worked.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Following any of the links I posted earlier will get you to proven working
    Kingston Data Traveler USB drives, I have many varieties of Data Travelers and
    they all work.

volounteer
    Participant

@mixsit

It looks like we are getting a close out as there are new ones that look similar that are to be released real soon and can be preordered.

The question is will the new ones work or do we need to grab the older ones while they still have them.

If @mikec is correct then there may be no problem with the newest release of them.

debzdoodle
    Participant
    volounteer
    Participant

@debzdoodle

Thanks. That is the SE9G2 model shown in the link.

I see kingston is having a new G3 maybe G4 model listed at other sites.
    I wonder if they would be the identical manufacture or if they made changes somehow.

Profile photo of mixsit
    mixsit
    Participant

@debzdoodle

Thanks. That is the SE9G2 model shown in the link.

I see kingston is having a new G3 maybe G4 model listed at other sites.
    I wonder if they would be the identical manufacture or if they made changes somehow.

You get to run the function tests on the batch.. :>)

debzdoodle
    Participant

I’d be careful of any subsequent models until tested. That is what happened with the Sandisk Extreme. A lot of people bought the current model assuming it would work as well as the first and it didn’t. That is why I was stuck with buying referred units.
    I’m playing it safe and keeping to the one I know works. I just ordered 4 more.

volounteer
    Participant

@debzdoodle

Roger that!

I am going to order a few to have backups handy.

I tried many sandisks including extreme types and they all failed.

Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

Those say not available online. Did users here buy them out? 😉

volounteer
    Participant

@Dancing Brook

I found several places that had them online.
    They are going to be replaced with newer G3 or G4 models so they will become harder to find.
    Best Buy was out.
    B&H had them
    Several Amazons had them
    A couple other minor sources had them

Where did you try that was out?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.