Where are the ProFactory libraries?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Where are the ProFactory libraries?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of psikes psikes 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jimmymio
    jimmymio
    Participant

Release notes mention that there are more ProFactory libraries on the A&H website. Where might I find those?

Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Select the channel, tap PEQ on screen, Press FN button to goto library.
    There they are.
    *SM57GTR
    etc etc

Exactly where you’d expect them to be :0 🙂 🙂

jimmymio
    Participant

I got that. My understanding is that there are some additional one available on the website.

jimmymio
    Participant

Other than the ones that come with the 1.9 update, are there any more ProFactory presets available on the website? Maybe I misunderstood.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I realize this mic library concept is for a starting point for folks not into proper technique or just not knowledgable of how to EQ. I deal with it all the time. I looked through a few of them. I just have to wonder how they were conceived. Did someone actually use the mic into a console and speaker system with a voice or instrument? I think not.

This would be highly subjective and based on a given speaker system with a given source in a given location. Too many variables.

I feel that the author just sat down and dialed in settings from personal experience. While that may be ok and I have done it I caution users to use their ears and dial in what you think is needed if any.

As they say. Your mileage may vary and likely will.

jimmymio
    Participant

Yeah good points. I too was curious. The promo said that they “teamed up” with Shure And Senn to come up with optimal starting points.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

optimal starting points

?
    Lets face it: Great marketing! 😐

jimmymio
    Participant

I should clarify- I wasn’t quoting them. “optimal” was my word.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sure
    Its still GREAT Marketing!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

great marketing if you know nothing about sound…

that was not directed at you NZ 🙂

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Teaming up with the 2 S giants simply means allowing use of their brand names.

Profile photo of SymphonyStudio
    SymphonyStudio
    Participant

This marketing scheme was adopted by Yamaha first. They have presets for all the models not just a few low ends as we see in this release. They’re ok as starting points. I’m curious to see if they will release more. Certainly a selling point to my customers. Anybody with mixing experience with KSM9 here?

Profile photo of Dr. J
    Dr. J
    Participant

Heck – the same singer’s voice can change from start to finish… “Proximity Effect” trumps the vocal presets.

Perhaps that would be a better start…. I.e… Singer that eats the mic. Singer that works the mic like a slide trombone, singer that holds a mic like Bob Barker, singer who cups the mic and turns it sideways to sing….

Good marketing stuff…

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi all, hope you’re well.

Shure and Sennheiser ProFactory Presets are now uploaded to the documents section of each Qu product page and also to the Qu Libraries group of the Digital Community:

https://community.allen-heath.com/groups/qu-libraries/

Many of us here know that there are a number of factors which affect the frequency response of a source, such as the instrument itself, room acoustics and resonances, the mic used, directional characteristics, proximity effect, spill from other sources and more…

The presets are designed to offer the best possible starting point, using some of the most commonly found EQ settings for each specific microphone and source.

Of course, room acoustics and resonances will still need to be controlled, and we recommend using standard practice mic techniques.

These are by no means the panacea for bad sound but they will certainly help!

All presets were created on a Qu mixer at the manufacturer’s facilities in neutral(ish) spaces where mics were set up on instruments and voices, using standard techniques. EQ settings were applied from a “control room” to separate output spill from source and mic.

This initial package of presets is for the most popular and widely used microphones and applications from each manufacturer, with six of the absolute essentials from each manufacturer embedded into Qu v1.9 firmware.

We hope there will be many more presets to follow and welcome your suggestions and comments as always.

Thanks.

Harry.

Profile photo of steve101
    steve101
    Participant

Love to see the EV range of mic presets added???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.