What to do with PFL with Director only?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions What to do with PFL with Director only?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tor tor 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Hi Guys.

I am thinking about putting together a small super compact setup with rack and director… But what on earth do you guys do with the PFL and outputs in FOH? A dante solution would be expensive, and an expander is too big and require extra Cat cable. + it does not a headphone jack.

Any chance to implement a solo/PFL bus via the director software? A&H?

Regards, Tor

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Tor,

Director is a control software, so there is no audio as such on the host computer. You can of course control the PFL bus. Most ‘surface-less’ users patch the PFL output to 2 sockets on the DM MixRack, and into an IEM transmitter. Couple this with a Wi-Fi router for Director, and you have a fully wireless solution. Alternatively you can fit a Dante card in the MixRack and have a single Cat cable carrying control and audio to your computer at FoH.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Yes i get that. But i do not like totally faderless control, so i will be pairing it with an IP8. So i need a cat cable. The Dante idea is great, can we expect a dedicated dLive Dante card? 128ch/96khz?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.