What is DAW Banks

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration What is DAW Banks

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

One of the features mentioned in the v1.5 release notes and elsewhere is the addition of DAW Bank Control. I tried to google it up but there is actually a Bank in the UK named Daw. I’m just curious as to what it is.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

My guess is it means banks of faders. Like with many controllers such as HUI and Digi Pro Control which I have they have bank switches so you have a set of faders say 1-8 then you bank to 9-16 and so on. I am assuming that is what it is for. I am not using it in a recording mode. Just live PA so have never explored that.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

GCumbee is correct. When using the DAW Control driver on OS X to emulate HUI or Mackie Control, the DAW Bank up/down function on Softkeys allows the MIDI strips to control multiple banks of DAW tracks. For example:
    – 16 MIDI strips on Qu-16 can control DAW trk 1-16 but also switch to DAW trk 17-32, 33-48 etc.
    – 8 MIDI strips on Qu-24 (say you want the other custom strips to control DCAs, inputs and mixes) can control DAW trk 1-8 but also switch to DAW trk 9-16, 17-24 etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.