What is a Mix Group?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions What is a Mix Group?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoelKlein
    JoelKlein
    Participant

What’s the difference between a stereo mix bus and stereo mix group?
    Thanks.

Profile photo of JoelKlein
    JoelKlein
    Participant

ok…
    I think I got it.
    Groups are like a DCA but WITH signal processing.
    If I would send all choir mic’s to a mix bus, by turning down the master level of the mix bus, would only affect the volume going to that mix bus output, but the choir faders themselves would not be turned down! even if it is all Pre fader, only the mix bus would get silenced. vs a group, all choir mic’s channels will change. do matter if it’s pre or post fader, the volume will be affected by the group fader. – just remember to swith OFF the LR to all group members. you don’t want the signal to go to LR and to the group… if it’s going to a group, it should get to the LR after the group.

Another big advantage: I can send in all choir mics dry, and from the group send them to the Reverb and delay. so all choir mics are getting the same level effects like I’m doing in pro tools. and I set the group compressor ratio to infinity, which acts like a limiter. but I can still use compression/EQ on an individual choir mic if needed.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.