What Ipad is everyone using?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions What Ipad is everyone using?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 41 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hoody Hoody 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ian.hind
    ian.hind
    Participant

iPad Air 2, works perfect!
    TP Link router with a directional antenna pointed at the stage.
    802.11n with WPA2 enabled on a 2.4GHz channel.
    I tried MIMO and 5.8MHz but distance wasn’t good enough.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Mini 3 and an early Airport Express

Occasionally run an iPad2 as well

Profile photo of Wil Riker
    Wil Riker
    Participant

iPad Air 1st gen. with ZyXEL WRE6505 (static IP configuration). Works great!

Profile photo of Rascal
    Rascal
    Participant

I use an iPad mini (1st get) to drive a Qu-SB. Fast, responsive and unobtrusive. Screen is generally large enough – the only issue I have is my finger sometimes misses fader knobs which are quite small – I have to be precise.

In terms of the wireless access point (separate topic I know but others have commented), I find the Apple Airport Express (2nd gen) very reliable – never missed a beat. My Qu-SB is in a shallow 4U rack case and the Airport is velcro’d to the inside rear of the case, permanently connected by LAN cable to the mixer. Wifi signal is fine for 10m distance but I take it out if the signal dips.

Profile photo of sherryvan
    sherryvan
    Participant

The iPad always leads the tablet, and all iPad models are loved by Apple fans. I am still using my old iPad 3, which has an Amazing display. 2056×1536 resolution Retina display is almost the highest resolution display. It has Comparable battery life with LTE to meet my office needs. But the disadvantage is that it does not have SD card slot for easy photo transfer. I am going to update to the lastest iPad, any suggestion!!

Profile photo of Mike M
    Mike M
    Participant

Ipad mini with my QU16 and QU24
    No problems thus far

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Both iPad Mini1 and Mini2… Would rather hold these for 3 hours instead of a full size iPad or even worse a Pro.

Profile photo of EdwinR
    EdwinR
    Participant

I am looking to purchase the Apple iPad Air 2 9.7-Inch,32GB Tablet IOS 8 used for our church, will this work with the Allen and Heath QU32?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@EdwinR

Yes, that will work with the QU32, although it would be wise to update to the latest IOS.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I am looking to purchase the Apple iPad Air 2 9.7-Inch,32GB Tablet IOS 8 used for our church, will this work with the Allen and Heath QU32?

I have three of the iPad Air 2’s they work great with the QU, SQ and GLD apps.
    I don’t think they will update to the latest IOS.
    To be honest mine are at IOS 13 something and work fine, I only use them for mixer control and nothing else.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@mike C

What I should have said is, update the iPad to the current IOS that it will support, which it will tell you when you go through the process of updating the software. 🙂

Profile photo of Hoody
    Hoody
    Participant

I use the mixing station app on my Cheap Andriod Notepad as well as having the App on my Samsung Galaxy phone for back up.
    The Mixing Station App is paid App (about £10.00 when I bought it) The App allows me to use very cheap notepads and has access to features you cannot get to on the Allenand Heath app.

Any iPad will work but for lightness I have a couple of iPad Air.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.