What Ipad is everyone using?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions What Ipad is everyone using?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 41 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hoody Hoody 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keef
    Keef
    Participant

Absolutely agree with MarkPAman – the Qu-Control app can do lots of things in addition to just levels. Seems it’s usefulness should be promoted a bit more.

Profile photo of J3phMP
    J3phMP
    Participant

iPad Pro 9″ and or my iPad mini w/ Retina display. Both work extremely well. iPad mini a little small for my fingers when using the graphic EQ.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I use an iPad Air 2, which is fab. I have an original iPad 2 as a back up. I also use an Airport Express and it works a treat. I also use the 3.5mm stereo out of the Airport Express into the ST2 inputs on the QU16 and I can then stream music from the iPad to the QU16. That is a real bonus for me πŸ™‚

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Thanks all for your input.

I bought a refurbished ipad 2 with 64 GB for less than $200 and am about to get an Apple Airport Express. We’ll see how this works.

Thanks again.

Joel

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Ipad 2 – it’s been rock solid for over 3 years now. I also bring my iPad mini to run lights which on occasion I have used with the QU PAC and it has also been great.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I have iPad Air2’s that I purchased from the refurbished page at the Apple Store.
    I put them in these cases that let you hold them kind of like a painters pallet as well as propping them up at angle when you set them down.

I also have cut some solid packing foam into angled blocks to prop them up at a steeper angle.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant

What is the name of that case? Pretty cool.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I got them from B&H photo.
    There are little expensive at $43 each but they do offer some decent protection and an easy way to hold them.
    B&H iPad case

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

Btw, how is qu-pad with an ipad pro 12.9″?
    How many faders per layer?
    Can we use the split view or something and control 2 differentes pages of qu-pad simultaneously?

Profile photo of Bassista
    Bassista
    Participant

I use an Ipad Pro 9.7″ and a Xiaomi Router.
    No problems, works fine.

Profile photo of Bassista
    Bassista
    Participant

i’ve added this to my gear, just to be fast on stage……..
    https://www.adamhall.com/shop/gb-en/pro-audio/stands/iphone-ipad-and-ipod-stands/5572/sms-14-pro.

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

Absolutely agree with MarkPAman – the Qu-Control app can do lots of things in addition to just levels. Seems it’s usefulness should be promoted a bit more.

Tip: open qu-pad + qu-control simultaneously on the same device with the slide over.

Works also with other apps like players or music app with airplay with the airport express

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of oleg_naumenko
    oleg_naumenko
    Participant

I use iPad Air Retina, iOS 10.2, very cheap 3com WL-524 access point (not a router), static IP addresses, on a Qu16. Works amazingly fast and robust. The only complain is it takes too much steps to start a connection, but I got used to it!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“Tip: open qu-pad + qu-control simultaneously on the same device with the slide over.”

Didn’t know about that. Now I want a newer iPad!

Bother.

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Just wanted to thank everyone who was helpful in this thread. I ended up purchasing a refurbished ipad 2 and an Airport Express. Spent some time yesterday getting things connected and figured out.

Happy to report that everything seems to be working as it should. I can see this is going to be a great investment.

Again, thank you. Much appreciated!

Joel

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.