What does the GLD have the SQ doesn't please?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions What does the GLD have the SQ doesn't please?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jony5
    jony5
    Participant

Looking for a new consle. Not sure why the GLD still sells now the SQ is here…. ?

Profile photo of litti
    litti
    Participant

briefly: bigger FX library, more routing options (mono/stereo matrixes and groups, LCR/LR+M options, more aux outputs…), HPF/LPF options on all ins and outs, bigger screen…

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

… channel encoders, configurable bus layout, user management, better scene handling (cue lists, recall filters), larger channel displays with more information, ganging. The FX Library of the SQ do not have all those insert effects like Transient Controller, Multiband compressors, Dynamic EQ, and so on. Things I desperately miss on the SQ. On the other hand the sound of the SQ is imho better than the GLD. I really hope that the next feature update (scheduled for autumn) will come with a lot of the missing features.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

GLD has split fader banks which making some kinds of workflow much easier. GLD has PEQ encoders for every PEQ band (Well, the Q rotaries are missing. Q is accessible with other rotaries. Don’t know why A&H thinks that’s a reasonable tradeoff). GLD has rotaries per channel for functions like pan. Lots of things to set them apart…

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

On the other side, the SQ has 25 (24 regualr and 1 for the talkback) mic inputs, 6×24 (on my SQ6) fully configurable faders. Also the Mix Keys on the right side are very handy. I was used to work with Yamaha consoles all the past years so the concept with 3 encoders and four buttons to select the band is common to me.
    If the SQ would have mono matrices, HPF/LPF on the PEQ, the missing insert effects, ganging and the scene management of the GLD it would be a no brainer to choose the SQ6 which is for me the best form factor of the SQ series. Ok, my wishlist is quite longer than those five features but I hope that tose are also on the top of the feature list for the next feature update;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.