Welcome to Avantis

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Welcome to Avantis

Tagged: 

This topic contains 45 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jgrift Jgrift 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

October 7th. The wait is over.

Avantis

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Congratulations!
    It looks fantastic!

Profile photo of avenueservices
    avenueservices
    Participant

It looks fantastic… What’s UK availability and pricing going to be?

Profile photo of cheu78
    cheu78
    Participant

Hey Nicola! Nice one!
    1.are the led lights integrated like in the SQ and dLive series?
    2.are you planning a 96k 24-12 with dLive stagebox?
    3.will you allow direct 96k multitracking recording on this one, please? (like on the SQ)

nice one with the AES I/0 and the faders number.. thumbs up!
    i’m curious to test this “new” workflow too..

needs to test one asap.. 🙂
    when will be avalaible?

Thank you!
    howdy
    Cheu

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Looks like a great console, Nicola! I saw a post yesterday that listed “Oscillator/RTA/Spectrograph” as a feature for the Avantis. I don’t see that listed anywhere today. Can you ellaborate on A&H development of an RTA/spectrograh for this console (and hopefully future firmware releases for Dlive and SQ)?

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hey Cheu,

Glad you like it. I know you’ve been waiting for something in this space.

1. Yes, there is an integrated LED bar, but this time in the armrest, projecting white / blue light over the faders for visibility of fader positions. Optionally Scene automated like on SQ / dLive.
    2. Not at this stage (excuse the pun). I believe we have enough I/O options to cover all bases, remember you can still use a DX Hub + DX 168 / DX012 / DX32 / DX164-W.
    3. No, Avantis does not offer multitrack recording over USB. You’ll need a Dante or Waves card.

Availability in November.

Profile photo of cheu78
    cheu78
    Participant

Thank you Nicola,
    looks the Avantis ticks a lot of boxes for me..Nice job! I definitely need to test it out 🙂

regarding the stageboxes: true, there’s a lot of options.. would be great if the dx168 was a little bit more thought to be racked honestly (I know you can, but the pwr connector and cat connectors on the side are NOT a smart idea..very unpractical..put the on the back please..it would make so much sense, even in a standalone/non racked setting) and if there will be a DX84 might also be a good add. (you could use that DX012 frame) 😉

regarding the multitracking on USB: may I kindly ask to reconsidering it? it would be so practical also as a simple backup on top of the Dante or Waves option (you might limit the amount of tracks to 32 if that’s one of the issues you have with usb, like on the SQ)..

is the DCA spill option avalaible for the Avantis and/or the SQ?

Thank you!
    howdy

Cheu

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

The old gld cards will fit wih the multichannel interface?

Richard

Profile photo of BWright
    BWright
    Participant

So do we know yet what is available without the dpack? Is there still a dyn4 and mbd4 in the fx rack like the gld? Is there side-chain capability on the included compressors?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

How about a USB I/O card? I know everything USB does can be done better with Dante, but for all the people who are only going to use it to multitrack into a laptop Dante can be cost prohibitive.

Chris

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Is the ‘touch sensitivity’ data sent out through midi?
    I know its a ‘live sound desk’
    I guess I am asking are these touch sensitive faders not just solely for internal but also for DAW

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@Showtime Yes, the GLD MADI, Dante, Waves or ES V2 cards are supported via the M-DL-ADAPT.
    @cheu78 DCA Spill is available in Avantis.
    @bwright Side-chain capability – yes. DynEQ and MultiBD in the FX rack – no.
    @xyz The touch information is not sent through MIDI. I suspect this will come up as a feature request 🙂

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Not happy at all about removing the stereo 1/4″ inputs. Makes it more difficult to hookup local inputs like CD player, smart devices etc. Good reason to stick with SQ if you don’t need more than 48 in.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes sometimes just simple little things like lack of 2 TRS i9nputs can sway a sale.
    It wouldnt take a lot to have those

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Really guys, would that be a dealbreaker for you? In the SQ case I have a stereo TRS-3.5 cable and in the case of the dLive I use is a stereo XLR-3.5 cable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.