Welcome QU-Pac.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Welcome QU-Pac.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 83 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Expected in my hands 31st March or shortly after – excited!!

robbocurry
    Participant

Just thinking, I wonder why A&H didn’t use the knob section (gate, hpf, comp, gain, eq etc) off the qu series rather than the 15 buttons that have replaced them?
    I wonder what level of assign ability these new 15 buttons will have?
    Was working a gig last night with very tight access to the desk and was mostly using QU-Pad when that thought hit me. Using the knobs rather than the touchscreen or iPad was obviously a quicker experience.
    I’ve ordered a Qu Pac regardless.
    I know the guys at A&H are the best but did they miss a great option there???

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have kind if felt the same. When I initially saw it I thought the soft keys were taking up a lot of real estate that could have been put to better use. Like EQ knobs and 1-2 faders. Selectable with the green SEL keys. For someone who might not need a bunch of soft keys that area could have been a lot more useful. I understand the concept was to build a more ‘soft’ controllable machine though. While I see many useful situations the idea of tucking a mixer in a rack somewhere and running it on an iPad in a good but maybe sometimes hostile wifi environment is a bit scary.

robbocurry
    Participant

Agreed George,
    Even one fader on there somewhere would have been very useful.
    I’m a little embarrassed criticising the product before even getting to work with it:/
    Like anything, time on product will hopefully yield an efficient way of working it.
    Qu-pad is growing on me and improvements there will only enhance the qu-pac experience I’m sure.
    I’m hoping the QU series is still new enough (and Qu-Pac is a catalyst) to see the Qu-pad software continue developing over the next few years.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I agree. I am also a QSC dealer. Just sold my first Touchmix 16. A few things about it I would have liked on the QU-PAC. One thing is they include a WiFi dongle. Much like the kind of dongle you see with wireless mouse. Very small. I question the range. My iPad lost contact with it a few times when we tested it. We then put it on a USB extension cable up in the air a little which helped. That and they offer on screen faders and a large knob for data or pretty much anything selected. Of course it is not as full featured as QU. No remote stage box(yet). There is an unused RJ45 connector. But it sounds great and does everything you need. I hope the QU-PAC is successful. It would still be my first choice on installs in that price range and mission for iPad controlled mixing.

robbocurry
    Participant

I was looking at the Touchmix, the multitrack recording was the killer feature for me. I saw it as the small gig successor to my (now sold) DL1608.
    Luckily for me, unflattering reviews of the launch version software and price/availability here in the UK stopped me pulling the trigger. When the Qu-Pac was announce a little light pinged in my head;)
    A wifi dongle would be a great feature as you say, but range is probably never going to be as good as a full size router.
    Having said that, I’ve had to gaffa tape my QU24 router to the top of a stand to get the coverage I need on a few occasions. Maybe need an upgrade in that dept before the Qu-Pac arrives…
    Maybe get an airport express, shame they don’t come in black!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

New firmware feature on Touchmix allows the dongle to talk to and through a regular router for better range since connection is usb not network.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I adore my Apple Airport Express routers!!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

and is there some sort of patch bay select system?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Don’t understand the question dhak.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

With the big amount of softkeys now on the qu-pac there should be a good firmware update for fastacess to the needed processing pages! Like one softkey to reach the 31Band EQ of MIX2 for example! Or to popup FX engine 4, or recalling scene 4 (no matter in what scene you are at the moment!)

robbocurry
    Participant

It’s here!!
    A lot smaller than I expected 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of john
    john
    Participant

I would really appreciate you giving it a work through and providing us with some detailed feedback. I’m very excited about the qu-pac but would love to hear thoughts and opinions from folks who have had the chance to put it through its paces…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I just wish they had designed it with larger screen so as to have a virtual mix screen setup with more that just one fader so it could effectively be used as stand a lone without an iPad. Also include a wifi dongle.

robbocurry
    Participant

@john
    First impressions – it’s solid, built like a tank!
    Fits perfectly in an SKB 4u shallow rack, plenty of room for a router and other bits and bobs.
    Will need the light in there for hookups!
    Like it’s siblings, it doesn’t like the Sandisk Ultra Fit 3.0 USB pen.
    Going to sit down now and work with it for a while, assign some buttons and load some presets from my 24.
    Looking for extra iPad options now with all those buttons?
    I’ll keep you posted 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.