Welcome QU-Pac.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Welcome QU-Pac.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 83 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Nicola. Thanks. Now we know. Great new product.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I wonder if it will have a “stagebox” mode, where it can be dSnake input (including preamp control)?

(Actually could be useful on any of the desks)

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Yes. That is how it expands to 32 inputs. It is essentially a QU16 without faders running a QU32 engine.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

No – where it can act as a stagebox for another mixer.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Oh I see. Never thought about that.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Ah – so I could sell my current stage box……

I suppose another way of doing much the same thing would be to allow one of the other QUs to be a remote surface for this one.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…sort of IDR-16 with local user interface… …with some Qu Desk controlling the Qu-Pac this would get a lightweight iLive system… somehow I doubt this is intended, and you’d be limited to 16Ch since the Qu-Pac does not have an expansion port…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes – those are nearly functionally equivalent proposals.

I wonder how the QU16 could be used as a remote, controlling more than the 16 channels it would normally have access to.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

You can pick up an iDR fairly cheap these days if you’re happy to work from an iPad and laptop..

Profile photo of Len
    Len
    Participant

ANDROID APPS?

Profile photo of AudioplusAB
    AudioplusAB
    Participant

Any chances we will se this one working with something like the PL-6 remote or a new similar device?? really the product we are after.

//

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Hey @audioplusab
    Yes this works with ME-1!

ME-1

Great product!

Profile photo of AudioplusAB
    AudioplusAB
    Participant

thanks man, I know but we need physical faders. when will someone release a rackmount installation product with a configurable cat-5 faderpanel, same as I-live but in a price point and scale one size down. An ipad is a fantastic tool but faders are faders. Physical wired stuff, always work, no startup time, no gui to understand in order to adjust volumes, then off course all the settings might be set up and adressed on a computer or ipad. But volumes mutes and tap delays please 🙂

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

I hope this will lead in to better FX processing on iPad. The iPad apps are nice but A&H apps are missing a lot of functionality when it comes to remote control of FX. Fingers crossed.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

@audioplusab I agree, a QU16 shaped device with no local audio (maybe ST3/PAFL/Talckback) which acted as a remote control to the QuPac would be great.

Be nice it was properly Ethernet, allowing WiFi connection as well as than cabling (quick setup/strike at venues with doors every which way)

Would need more layers of course, but otherwise the Qu16 makes a good platform, I suppose there might be a market for a Qu32 sized remote as well, but I’d rather see a 16 fader version with an extra layer or two…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.