Weird noises USB Streaming V1.3.2, Mac mini 2018

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Weird noises USB Streaming V1.3.2, Mac mini 2018

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nanex
    Nanex
    Participant

Hey,

my SQ is making some weird noises when playing back audio through usb b…

I need it to be fixed ASAP because tomorrow there will be a client, who wants to record tracks at my studio, where the SQ is my main interface.

I tried to reinstall 1.2.2, hard reset the whole console, reinstalled 1.3.2 again..nothing changed.
    What is wrong with my console and what can I do about it, I NEED it to be running tomorrow!

Mac mini 2018, MacBook Pro 2018 both with i5, same problems..

PLEASE help me!

Profile photo of PBo67
    PBo67
    Participant

Can you try with an older Mac, because we can suspect the USB3.1 compatibility. With a Mac mini 2015 (USB3), SQ5 1.3.1 there is no problem.

Profile photo of Nanex
    Nanex
    Participant

with a 2015 MacBook Air it works flawless, what the hell?

Is there any way I can work this out?

Profile photo of PBo67
    PBo67
    Participant

You can try to put a USB HUB between. An USB2 preferably. Or perhaps an USB-C(USB3.1) -> USB3

Profile photo of PBo67
    PBo67
    Participant

The problem is the USB compatibility ! it is very difficult to have a perfect compatibility between USB 1,2,3 and 3.1 and this lot of years before. And this with all hardware (chips) existing . We must be particularly vigilant especially with the new equipment.

Profile photo of Nanex
    Nanex
    Participant

I used a hub which didn’t change anything..
    But I deleted my apogee maestro, which I installed for my apogee one and closed the macs Fan control, which I am running on my Mac, because I think it gets very hot..
    the problem isn’t there anymore or at least not as often as it was before, i‘ll Keep u updated, thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

Profile photo of PBo67
    PBo67
    Participant

Ok, so in summary, in this case, it seems more than it is a problem of USB driver conflict.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

still the same since the beginning… USB 3 chipsets are not implenented correctly, so these cause problems every now and then with real time streaming
    Intel has to update the drivers…
    but first they have to find the problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.