Weird noises after restart of mac (MBP2018 and Mini 2018)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Weird noises after restart of mac (MBP2018 and Mini 2018)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of stuartkeys stuartkeys 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nanex
    Nanex
    Participant

Hey,

very often, after i restart my mac, with already connected SQ, I get weird noises through the desk when I want to play back music through the USB-Port.
    Then I have to unplug the console from my mac, plug it back in and the problem is gone.

I talked to keith at PLS about this issue and he wanted me to create a thread about this, because he didn’t hear about that before, but could not say there aren’t others with the same problem, because often they just don’t tell.

it appears with adapters from usb-c to usb 2.0 but also, when i connect the sq directly to the mac mini 2018.

For the video I had it just setup with headphones, sorry for that. But I think you should get the idea.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Thanks for sharing this @nanex 🙂

Yes, we are not aware of any previous issues like this, so if anybody else has seen it, please send details (including mac model and operating system) through to us using support.allen-heath.com.
    Although it’s a very simple fix (disconnecting then reconnecting the USB), it’s not very nice, and we’d like to figure out what’s happening.

Thanks!
    Keith.

Profile photo of stuartkeys
    stuartkeys
    Participant

Hi

Yes I have this exact same problem also, I have only noticed this since the last update. I haven’t plugged the usb out to resolve, I have restarted the app or daw and it is fine after that. This happens when I connect the mac to the SQ5, my mac is usually on already but the issue doesn’t occur all the time.

I am using a MacBook pro retina late 2013 running Mojave 10.14.4.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.