weird circular image/ghosting on SQ7 touch screen??

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting weird circular image/ghosting on SQ7 touch screen??

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of grayday415 grayday415 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of grayday415
    grayday415
    Participant

hi. I would appreciate some advice on this issue…

I just purchased an SQ7 (used, in “excellent condition”) and there’s a strange oval-shaped ring/ghosting thing on the screen. (photos attached) I’m assuming this is NOT how it’s supposed to look, haha? it’s there when the unit is off or on, but mostly disappears when the brightness is turned all the way up.

has anyone run into this issue before? anyone have any idea how much a replacement lcd screen would cost?

thank you.

grayday415
    Participant

well, those images didn’t post. lemme try again…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @grayday415

Well that’s bizarre!
    Not something we’ve seen before, but regarding a replacement/repair, please contact your local distributor (https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/) who will be able to source and fit a new screen and send us back that one to see if we can figure out what’s happened.
    Almost looks like some sort of perfect impact.

Thanks,
    Keith.

grayday415
    Participant

Keith, thanks so much for the response. will do.

grayday415
    Participant

Keith, could I trouble you with a followup question?… I reached out to the person who sold me the board and he said “I am confident that’s exactly how the display was designed and that there is no defect. If you buy a brand new one, you will see the same thing.” He is claiming that’s how it arrived when he bought it. Is that correct? Is this the way it’s been designed?

He says it’s not an issue or defect in that when the screen’s brightness is turned all the way up, the ring becomes unnoticeable. In my usage of the board, that’s true and there’s no lack of functionality in the touch screen that I’ve observed, but it’s still hard for me to believe that “there’s nothing wrong with it.” Even if it’s currently working, I’m concerned that there might be future problems. Anyways, I don’t mean to drag you into a dispute, haha, but I would love to have confirmation regarding the condition of the display (i.e. do all SQ7’s look like that??). thank you for reading.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.