WD My Passport ultra 500

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting WD My Passport ultra 500

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mrvoltz Mrvoltz 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

anyone have any trouble recording with this, I know the large one like this has issues , I got a dropout on my second take of multichannel recording, here is what happened I formatted then did a 2 1/2 hr session it was perfect did a second take ended up with 2 second Multitrack records both labeled with 2 how did that happen? both have a skip and have identical recording.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

My WD Passport 500 and my Passport 1TB both work with my QU16 but my WD Passport Ultra 1TB does not -if that helps….

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

here is a question how long after you stop a session do you have to wait before you can start another, is it minutes?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

It loads the project, then you to rearm – it’s longer than it should be IMHO – I don’t think it should auto load after recording.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I just wonder if I rearmed too soon after stopping 1st session

Profile photo of FrankieFender
    FrankieFender
    Participant

I record 60-90 min sets and believe me, it takes a few minutes to stop and re-arm between sets. The USB multitrack takes longer than I expected, but then again it is accessing GB of data.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

When I was testing a new USB drive for the list I had this happen and yes I tried to rearm and record too quickly. If I took a minute to let it close files first there was no problem. It happens when Switching between 2 track and multi track too quickly also.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.