Waves Tracks Live and markers

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Waves Tracks Live and markers

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RS RS 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Trying to set markers in Waves Tracks Live while recording using a softkey.

I can get midi setup working on the win10 machine, midi control works with Tracks. But somehow I can’t get my head around on how to setup the adding of markers.
    Tracks manual states, the program is adding markers in record mode on receiving a program change. But either it is not working or the problem sits in front of the computer. What I suggest is the reason here.

What I tried on dLive:
    – recalling a scene (what I thought would send a program change?)
    – setting up a custom midi softkey

But none of this works.
    Anyone here that could shed some light on my dull brain?

Profile photo of tmdarlan
    tmdarlan
    Participant

i havnt tried it one the surface yet but im pretty sure the following will work.

Soft key custom midi of C0,00 will send a program change command of program 0. in record mode this will drop a marker
    Soft key custom midi of C0,01 will send a program change command of program 1. in play mode this will recall program 1 which can be set in the view> memory locations menu to move to marker 1
    C0,02 will send program 2 which can be set to marker 2 and so on.

the key here is that the recalls will only work in play or pause mode and dropping markers will only work in record mode.

please let me know if this does work. ive tested it offline but not actually from the surface.

i wish they would allow the option of disabling the send of a program change with scene recall. i dont want a bunch of markers with every scene. just when i hit the softkey.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your in depth reply!
    Unfortunately I am still not getting it to work.

I must be doing something totally stupid here.
    I am a bit unsure on how to set A&H DAW Control. Right now I am running it in “Midi Thru” on Midi channel 1.
    Tracks live shows 1 to 4 “DAW control ports” depending on? where numer 1 is activated for Midi In/Out.

Sending C0,00 does do nothing on running recording in Tracks using Director.

bummer

tmdarlan
    Participant

i cant be much help past here. but ill say the DAW control setting should be on tcp/ip and the surface? ip address should be entered there and connected. then in tracks live on the main screen there is a midi in and out setting make sure daw 1 is checked there as well as in the midi preferences menu. and the midi channel would be one if sending C0,00. now if your using director im not sure if anything changes. i know the Hex is right because i was able to control tracks live from bomes midi translator over the IAC bus. best of luck!

tmdarlan
    Participant

Actually you probably just need the TCP Midi Translator not the DAW control.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Isn’t the TCP Midi Translator for Windows included in the DAW Control? There is no separate TCP Midi Translator for Windows…
    Will cross check with my Mac today. I am more comfy with that system 🙂

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Ok, it is not even working on my mac. C0,00 does nothing in Tracks while recording is running.
    @tmdarlan: If you could find the time to test it with a surface would be great. As I don’t have one. Only Director and IP8s here…

btw: found a bug with IP8 and custom Midi, which I will post in the correct channel

Maybe my problem is related to not having a surface??

tmdarlan
    Participant

Do you have a rack? i should have a surface in front of me next week ill look into it.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Sure I have a rack (CDM32). But working with 2 IP8s and Director only.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Did some tests using a Midi monitor today.

Firing C0,00 (or any other value) from a softkey within Director or from a IP8 button does send no Midi at all to the computer (same computer as the one running Director)
    The transport keys from “utility/midi” in Director do send data, so the connection is there.

Anyone any thoughts?

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Solved with the help of A&H support.

Selectable devices (Mixrack) in Windows DAW Control or Mac TCP/IP Midi driver gave me the impression Midi will be sent by this device. But it is the Surface or Director sending Midi program changes.
    In my case, with no Surface, you have to use “Custom” and connect to the computer running Director.

Profile photo of Jiminthebox
    Jiminthebox
    Participant

I tried sending C0,00 to tracks live and it does not create a marker. It does change the console back to scene 1, but it does not perform any function on tracks live. Record, play and stop are mapped and working from the d-live as well as scene control so the connection is there, it just doesnt actually do anything in tracks live.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Hey Jim, if you could explain a bit more about your setup I think I might be able to help you, as I have tried hard myself to make this running.

From what device you want to trigger Waves? How is the device running Tracks connected to the system?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.