Waves plugins with Dante Card

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Waves plugins with Dante Card

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Beetho
    Beetho
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I want to have some ideas from SQ ( Allen&Heath ) users or other tech people. In our church, we have the Allen&Heath Sq6 console with the Dante card installed so that we can link our other console Gld80 for the video section.
    Now, I want to know if it’s possible to have include plugins like Waves and how to do it. In fact, have you some ideas to do it ? Low cost is preferable but I want to consider every options.
    I was thinking of going with waves plugins because of the limitation we have with the new add-ons on the SQ ( multiband compressor and the other only possible on the fxRack )
    Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Without the Waves card and Waves server, you’re going to introduce a lot of latency, so you’d be only able to use plugins like reverb and delay.

What were you wanting to use?

On the other hand, if you had a Waves card in the SQ and a Waves card in the GLD, you’d be able to accomplish what you wanted with low latency (assuming you also had a Waves server).

Art

Profile photo of Beetho
    Beetho
    Participant

Well, I wanted to use like the multiband compressor or de-esser for several channels but since the new plugins are on the RackFx, it limits the use of strips assign. And in the futur maybe use other waves plugins.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

For those, you’d need the Waves card and a Waves server or your latency would be too high.

Profile photo of Beetho
    Beetho
    Participant

Well since I have already an Dante card install in my Sq6, is there a way to still use the waves plugins ?

Profile photo of andiabwaerts
    andiabwaerts
    Participant

to really use dante for plugininserts with acceptable roundtrip latency you will need a hardware dante device on your computer side like the rme digiface dante or a dante pcie card from focusrite or yamaha.

Profile photo of TonmeisterDaniel
    TonmeisterDaniel
    Participant
    Profile photo of rottmat
    rottmat
    Participant

Hello,

I use a dante card in my sq6 and a vds. one notebook on stage to generate midi sounds (keys and some times drums) and a second on the foh position for some f6 and other plugins. host is cubase. with the right config the latency is no a point if you dont use iem.

Profile photo of Patricio
    Patricio
    Participant

As far as I can tell, the hardware investment to get Waves to use with the SQ is gonna be around $2-3k… not including the plugins.
    a UAD Live rack will be a comparable investment through Dante, and you already are invested into the Dante system…

to me, it’s a big investment for what I’d consider to be a small % improvement to the sound quality from what I already get from what A&H provided already, and while MBC is cool and all, even the LiveRack version I’d have to use on a submix, I have a hard time justifying the cost both monetarily and the expense of a rack slot…

I’d imagine they’ll be looking for ways to increase our rack slots soon to compensate…

Profile photo of Beetho
    Beetho
    Participant

Yeah, you’re right. It’s really a lot of money to invest if I’m going to the hardware route to get Waves. There’s a bundle from Waves : https://www.waves.com/hardware/wsg-bridge-impact-dante-combo

More I think about it and more I think it’s not really worth it for now.

I went to see the UAD Live rack from the website and it’s interesting but around the same price.

Well, I’ll wait for what A&H will do because it’s a lot to sacrifice for the new addons in my opinion.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

UAD’s Live Rack is MADI, not Dante.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.