Waves card to Waves Soundgrid Drop outs

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Waves card to Waves Soundgrid Drop outs

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I have a Waves card in my SQ5 that transports DX32 prime pres via tie lines to my Waves soundgrid/presonus S! DAW network. After two mixing a recent project any of my new recording attempts had a recurring drop out after apx. 20 seconds into the tracking. The Waves teck crew in Israel could not resolve the issue even after I suggested it sounded like a clocking issue. Lucky for me I have a teck friend with Waves USA (Jeremiah Cleaver, based in Knoxville,TN) that has extensive experience with D-Live tie lines with his soundgrid network for his local church services and he fortunately identified the problem.

1) Always engage the SQ first before activating the Waves network and, if using tie lines, make sure the SQ is the internal clock.

2) After activating the Waves soundgrid networkgo to the Waves card Icon (M-SQ-W3-1)
    a)touch the down arrow icon to activate “Set Master” to M-sq-w3-1
    b) touch the small gear button and set the source to Digital- 96Ksr
    c) Status “OK” SOE on master
    D) Current clock source- “Digital”

3) Double check that the Soundgrid preamp, in my case the IOX, has a green SOE96K lit up.

The problem I was experiencing was the auto reset that was occurring in LV1 when I was working in the Waves network with out activating the SQ5 first. I now know to always re-set the system as described above before tracking thru the SQ tie lines.
    Hugh

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.