WAVES CARD LOCATION

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions WAVES CARD LOCATION

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fbcleb
    fbcleb
    Participant

C3500, CDM64 with Dante card installed. Adding Waves V3 card for Virtual Soundcheck and Plugins. Dante card currently brings in tracks from Ableton, sends audio to Klang for in-ears, and routes audio back from Klang to CDM64 outputs via tie lines. Would it be best to leave the Dante card in the CDM64 and install the Waves card in the surface or move the dante card to the surface and put the Waves card in the CDM64? Is there a “best practice” scenario for this?

In the event of a surface failure, I like having the Dante card in the CDM64 so that the Klangs would still be connected for in-ears and I could just run everything from Director and recall a preset without the plugin routing.

Thanks all!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

It really doesn’t matter where which card is located, but I would think that having the Waves card at the console would make more sense since the waves computer is generally located with the console. Otherwise you would need to run an additional network cable to the mix rack for the SG network.

In my personal experience, having it in the mixrack makes you a little more bullet-resistant. IE – If you lose surface connection then you still pass audio through the card. I would be particularly reticent to put it in the surface without some kind of redundancy. I guess if you had to choose between them I would lean dante in the rack too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.