Waves and Virtual Sound Check

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Waves and Virtual Sound Check

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of giusfre
    giusfre
    Participant

Hi! I’m completely new to this forum and to Hallen & Heath becouse I’m planning to by a GLD 80 in the next days.
    I would like to know if there is any way to run Waves plugins and to make virtual sound check at the same time.
    Many thanks

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

There is a document ‘Understanding Waves Soundgrid” on the main site:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=iLiveSeries&ProductId=MWAVES&SubCatId=AudioNetworkingOptions#tabset-tab-4

with the full Waves Soundgrid setup you can record / playback with or without Waves processing.

Profile photo of giusfre
    giusfre
    Participant

Many many thanks for your answer! There is still a little dubt about waves with gld80: if I need to use soundgrid or if I can use the native multirack and wich is the differnt between the two option? But I think I have to ask to the Waves guys! 🙂

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

A SoundGrid server would give you lower latency, more reliability (it’s a dedicated Linux machine), and typically more processing power (higher number of plugins).

If you already own some native Waves licenses, try going native first, you can always switch to SoundGrid later if need be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.