Waves 3 card issue

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Waves 3 card issue

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jonathanhatch jonathanhatch 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

So I know this is kinda old but I’m having a similar issue. Any update on this issue? I could not connect with my newer mac book pro using a thunderbolt ethernet adapter but when I used an older imac with a dedicated network port it worked perfectly so I know it’s not the card. Any insight would be great.

So I recalled this issue being discussed on the Waves forums. The issue is the Thunderbolt 3 -> ethernet adapter. Waves does not work with that. You have to go Thunderbolt 3 -> Thunderbolt 2 adapter -> Ethernet Adapter. OR people have reported that they use the OWC USB-C dock and it works fine.

Profile photo of K08
    K08
    Participant

Thanks. I believe I’m on thunderbolt 2 still but good to know. I guess my laptop isn’t so new.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

tl;dr

Try reinserting Waves3 card.

I know this is an old thread. BUT!

FYI, after having my dLive & Waves3 card sit for over a year I powered them up to test before Fall season.

I couldn’t discover the Waves3 card.

After much troubleshooting and uninstalling/reinstalling I could never see the waves3 card, even though lights were blinking and card was showing up in dLive.

Talked to Waves tech support, ended up reseating the card and it came right up; working in reaper & superrack

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Don’t know if you’ve resolved the issue already, but I had the same issue when trying to use Soundgrid Studio, but Waves recently released a driver patch that resolved the issue, for me at least.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

@mike, which version of Soundgrid Studio are you using? Version 12 or an older version?

Profile photo of jonathanhatch
    jonathanhatch
    Participant

Any resolution to this yet?

I have a V3 card in a dLive S7000 surface. The card will work as a network switch. If I use SoundGrid Studio with my laptop I can see the Axis Scope host PC and Titan-R server, but I can’t add the card as an I/O device.

I have reseated the card and tried different cables.

Also, the Waves and Dante cards on the surface don’t show I/O Ports status on the System Status overview, but the cards are properly identified under Surface > Audio > I/O Port X; Waves lists as a Waves V3 card with WSG logo in I/O Port 5 and Dante in I/O Port 4.

Currently going back and forth with Waves and A&H support.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.