WARNING! Scene Recall notice

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting WARNING! Scene Recall notice

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andyring
    andyring
    Participant

We have a Qu-32 at church, but of course as is often the case, the people who originally were involved with setting it up no longer attend.

Anyway,

We use some iPads to adjust various channels/mixes during the worship service. We have the main console set up with half a dozen or so users, for the volunteers who help on Sunday mornings. When some console users are active, but not all of them, when connecting via the Qu-You app (I think that’s the one), there will be a popup on the iPad reading:

WARNING! Scene Recall. You are logging in as a different user. This user has a User Scene enabled. If you continue, a scene will be recalled which could override any settings and affect the audio. Continue?

If the iPad user continues, all kinds of settings on the main console get changed.

How do I sort this out/work around it?

Thank you very very much!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @andyring,

That would be when using Qu-Pad which offers full control of the console (rather than Qu-You which is for personal monitoring and controls a single mix).
    You can turn off this feature by signing into the Qu-32 as the admin user, going to ‘Home > User’, selecting the user type which currently has unwanted scene changing when logging on, and setting their ‘User Scene’ to ‘No Scene’.

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@andyring

why would you have more than one user on the mixer at a time ?

andyring
    Participant

Good question. I don’t know. As I said, we’re in the all-too common church scenario where those who set up the system aren’t there any more and no one knows it very well.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@andyring

I would implement formal processes and procedures.
    Document the settings you all want to use. Then y’all will know it well.

Only allow one operator on the device at a time.
    Check to see if there is some way to protect scenes in use and lock out recall by any pad devices.

We have one operator and the MD also has an Ipad.
    But all he will do is fix problems we miss or adjust sound to his taste.
    Why do you all have anyone else with that Ipad ability to do things.

He uses the scene we have and does not recall any other scenes.
    Like I think Keith said, you need to change those Ipad folks settings to no scene recall at all.

andyring
    Participant

Thanks for the insight. We’ll give it a try!

And yes, I know the need to formalize it. Got to start somewhere.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

why would you have more than one user on the mixer at a time ?

Could be one person running the main mix and another person at the stage operating
    all the stage monitor mixes on an iPad.

Someone mixing a live stream mix on the iPad while someone else at the mixer is running the main mix.

Someone with the iPad running playback tracks.

Of course the person on the iPad needs to know how to stay out of the way of who is running the main mix.

andyring
    Participant

Exactly, Mike C. That is precisely our scenario. I’m in the choir loft with the video camera and a separate feed for our live stream mix.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Exactly, Mike C. That is precisely our scenario. I’m in the choir loft with the video camera and a separate feed for our live stream mix.

If your using a mix/aux out to feed the live stream and for the most part making level changes you could try using the QU You App.

You can set that app to control the mix that is feeding the live stream and there is no way to accidentally get into any other mixer settings.

You can control mix channel levels, over all output level, EQ and compression.
    The “thumb wheels” on the app can service as sub group levels as you can assign different channels to each “thumb wheel” group.

The Qu You App was designed for musicians to use to mix their own IEM mixes but works well for simple remote mixing of a live stream feed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.