Wanted: Apple iPad Pro Updates…

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Wanted: Apple iPad Pro Updates…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CloudAndProud
    CloudAndProud
    Participant

What is the best way to find out if specific updates will be done to Qu-Pad to accommodate the capabilities and footprint of the new iPad Pro (i.e. more faders on main screen, detailed and accurate use of Apple Pencil, etc.)?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes looking at getting a new iPad Pro myself..

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Does any one have any pics’ of iPad Pro working with Qu-Pad?
    Is the resolution just a larger size?

Profile photo of CloudAndProud
    CloudAndProud
    Participant

It is just bigger…no differences…..yet???

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

thanks for the reply Shawn
    I might not have to wear glasses 🙂

Profile photo of amartin
    amartin
    Participant

Hello
    I am new to the forum. As I read the response from Shawn the QU Pad app does fill the entire iPad pro screen but does not provide any additional faders on the screen is that correct? As mentioned before does anyone have a couple of pictures they could upload of the QU pad app working on the iPad Pro?
    Thanks

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I think the resolution of the new iPad Pro is just right when you ustilise the 3 custome layers you can make within the QU-App
    there was a Jpg posted here on:
    https://community.allen-heath.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/iPad-both-with-QU32.jpg

The only addition for myself would be to make the Demo Mode Qu-pad into an off line editor

The sylus I just bought works absultely brilliant as have dry skin on my fingers.

Hope this helps

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Maybe youre right?
    The iPad pro could handle maybe a double layer fader screen like the Reaper screen in the top Jpg, just with more refinement?
    Maybe a custom 4 layer?
    And now I know a cheap stylus works well on this app!
    Although Have not tried that in a live scenario yet?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’ve done quite a bit with an iPad Mini recently (often, though not always with a cheap stylus), and find 8 channel strips on display about right for this. By my reckoning, a “normal” iPad would fit about 12 of the same size, and a Pro about 16?

Of course, the channel strips are only part of the screen, so plenty of options for other use to be made of that extra space. Two layers on view seems like a good idea to me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.