VSC Question

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions VSC Question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tkofaith tkofaith 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tkofaith
    tkofaith
    Participant

Greetings!

If I have my GLD 112 and Dante Virtual Sound Card set up to receive 32 channels, and I configure channel 25 to receive its signal from Input Socket 1 (my kick drum) to effectively allow me to do separate EQs on each channel, will it record as channel 25, or will Dante just see Input Socket 1 and not send signal to my DAW?

Thanks and Blessings!

TIim

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Dante will receive whatever you patch to it in the I/O Port tab. If you patch input sockets (as I think is default) then it will receive the signal immediately after that sockets A-D converter, regardless of any routing or patching you have going on later in the console.

If you want it to receive the signal from a particular channel regardless of which socket is soft-patched to that channel then you can use the “Input direct out” option. If you choose this, make sure to set up the type of direct outs you want by selecting any channel, pressing “processing” then going to the “routing” and “direct out” tabs. You can offset levels, choose pick-off points and decide whether you want them to follow the faders and mutes. The level offset is per channel, the other settings are global.

You can also patch any of your mixes to the card slot, look through the menu options.

Chris

Profile photo of tkofaith
    tkofaith
    Participant

Thanks, Chris! Understood.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.