Volume low on group assigned to ME-1 channel

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Volume low on group assigned to ME-1 channel

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BenT BenT 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BenT
    BenT
    Participant

All,

We have a DM32 and C3500. Been running them for 3 weeks now.

We also have newly installed ME-1s connected up to a hub. When we map a group to an ME channel, it is about 10db lower in volume than direct input mapped channels. We are running the channels into the groups at unity gain. The group is also at unity gain.

Use use a group for the drums in the monitor so as to not take up 9 channels in the monitors for the drums.

The consequence is that folks on stage have to reduce all other monitor channels and raise up the drum group and master.

Any idea what might be causing this or how this can be corrected?

As an aside, I did notice that assigning an input directly to main also resulted in about a 6 db gain over routing through a group with unity gain.

What might I be missing?

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Is there a DCA that is controlling that group, that may not be set at unity?

Whenever I send groups to MEs, I always use dedicated groups that aren’t in use by FOH or anything else. You can also use the group compressor’s makeup gain to squeeze a few more db out of the output if needed.

Profile photo of BenT
    BenT
    Participant

No DCA controlling the group.

Good point on dedicated groups for the MEs. I will see if I can better manage the gain that way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.