Volume level of .wav file registered on HD with QU16 very low

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Volume level of .wav file registered on HD with QU16 very low

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidResearch DavidResearch 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DavidResearch
    DavidResearch
    Participant

I ask some help in increase the level of volume of .wav file registered on QU16.
    In paticular, using the feature that allows to register a trace as stereo .wav file on QU16 USB connected H.Disk, I found that the volume of recored traces are very low in play state, for example using win media player or similar.
    I tried to increase the QU16 master volume during the registration but some distorsion and peak phenomena do not allow to increase the level so much.

Question: how can I increase the level in the registerd .wav file ? Coul someone help me ?

Thansk

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Normalise it in audacity or some other software.

You are recording at 24bit depth, which either gives you an insanely low noise floor – useful if you want to do a few thousand post processing steps without too much noise.
    OR it gives you insane amounts of headroom.

Yo you can just normalise and truncate at 16bits, or run a mix which you can boost the signal…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Registered file? Do you just mean the recorded files? You can adjust the level of each track for the recording. I would have to look. I think it’s in routing for each track. A slider in center screen. I think it only has +5db of gain.

DavidResearch
    Participant

thanks for the comments, I intended recoreded file.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You can re route the input to the USB recorder to come from a matrix mix, select the pick off point you want to use to feed the recorder form within the matrix, use the matrix master to independently control the recorder. For board mix recordings I use left right pre.

DavidResearch
    Participant

Thanks Mike !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.