Vocal Tuning SQ6

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Vocal Tuning SQ6

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Garrick Garrick 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

Does the SQ6 have an add-on effect for vocal tuning that can be purchased?

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

If Pitch shifting is what you are alluding to I personally hope this process is never a feature in any A-H live performance desk. This type of fraudulent DAW tool should stay in the studio and never be allowed to dilute the integrity of a live performance. IMO there is a clear and profound difference between “Enhancement VxS Manipulation” and we all need to think about the parallel market shift away from studio audio productions toward internet video of live performance. The extent to which studio manipulation of pitch and meter is a factor in the demise of recording sales is debatable: however it is a well known fact that today’s $50. + dollar ticket buyers will not sustain their support of a “pitchy” singer that can’t deliver a credible performance with out electronic manipulation.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

What Hugh is trying to say is no – there is no add-on effect for vocal tuning.

You obviously can use third party solutions to accomplish this, but that type of effect isn’t available in any A&H console and I would not expect it to ever be available. So don’t get your hopes up.

Profile photo of Garrick
    Garrick
    Participant

I had to sign up for an account just so I could say how misguided Hugh’s comments are. He has obviously never run sound for a group of non-professional singers. The goal is not to “manipulate” the vocals in order to add some sort of effect… The goal is to improve the experience for the audience by smoothing out some of the tuning issues that would otherwise be made more noticeable by the amplification process. I don’t know who Hugh mixes for, but they definitely aren’t the same people that are listening to my mixes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.