Visualization when not on Main Mix

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Visualization when not on Main Mix

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bob Bob 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Milow
    Milow
    Participant

After several days now working with the new SQ6, I really like this little console. It sounds good, has a fast processor, flexible routing, a small footprint and looks really nice as well.
    I´m getting more and more familiar with the operating concept, but there is one mistake that I make again and again – I forgot to switch back to the main mix before moving the faders for the guitar solo 🙁
    The little blue LED simply is not enough for me. I would really like a more expressive visualization, when I´m not on the main mix.
    Is it possible to invert the colored channel displays (it means green font on black for the inputs) when a MIX other than MAIN is selected? This would be a helpful software option. Maybe you could add another option to select a MIX only while pressing the corresponding AUX/GRP/MTX-Button. Like the behavior of the CH to all MIX Key, or better like the talk-button in latch mode. Short press switches the mix, long press switches back to main immediately after release. How do others think about it?

Profile photo of SDCyclist
    SDCyclist
    Participant

While I am all for giving a user options, I wouldn’t personally enjoy any of your solutions. My suggestion is to just give it a little time. Switching back to the main mix (assuming you are running FOH…) after adjusting something else will become fairly automatic after some repetition… as will the habit of always making sure you are adjusting what you mean to before you make any adjustment. It really will just become subconscious after a while.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@Milow
    good idea, like it too

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

+1 for being able to hold a mix key to edit and release to return to LR – that would be really useful for wee tweaks.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

what is wee tweak?

Profile photo of Milow
    Milow
    Participant

@SDCyclist: Thanks for your reply – I hope I will be able to learn someday, but neither on Yamaha, nor on Soundcraft consoles do I have this problem so often. I can not imagine why, yet. For me the inverted channel strip color would be helpful, I think.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“…… like the talk-button in latch mode. Short press switches the mix, long press switches back to main immediately after release”

Brilliant! Yes please.

Profile photo of Baylink
    Baylink
    Participant

A wee tweak is the sort a Scot makes. 🙂

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

“The little blue LED simply is not enough for me. I would really like a more expressive visualization, when I´m not on the main mix.”

How about having the FX and Mix LEDs blink when in either of those modes ?

X32 users will recall how nice it was when the “Sends On Fader” button was made to blink when that mode was selected.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.