Visual Indication When Not On Main Mix

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Visual Indication When Not On Main Mix

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Dang … I did it again … was on a Mix layer and forgot … tried to mix Main L&R ! Arrr.

The little blue LED in the center of the FX and MIX buttons can readily be overlooked.

A more expressive visualization would be very helpful when you’re not on the main mix layer.

How about having the FX and Mix LEDs blink when in either of those modes ?

This was mentioned in a general discussion several months ago, so I thought I’d formally place it in the suggestions area.

Thanks

Profile photo of looloosha
    looloosha
    Participant

Agreed. It’s so easy to do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

With the ability to put anything anywhere, what constitutes the main layer?

If you are referring to something like “sends on faders”, then yes, a more in your face indication might help. On the LS9 you have a whole bank of buttons blinking to remind you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Please don’t make the Mix bus button light blink for that. Write it in big letters on the display somewhere. I want blinking on the mix buttons to signal something different, hopefully 🙂

Profile photo of Milow
    Milow
    Participant

I would like ‘inverted’ channel-strips when not on L/R-mix. That means green font on black background instead of black font on green. But I’m not sure if this would be possible by hardware.

Profile photo of guma
    guma
    Participant

Good idea. Even on GLD I happened to mix to the last used mix master instead of the wanted LR Master. Please give us a more in your face indication as Rob proposed.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Well, why not showing the mix the system is on in the top right edge of the display, like on dLive? Or maybe a reminder popping up after like 15s on anything but the main mix without changing fader settings? (of course optional only)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.