Virtual Soundcheck with Surface Inputs

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Virtual Soundcheck with Surface Inputs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Patrick
    Patrick
    Participant

Is there any way to directly patch the surface inputs to a Dante output without using the channel direct output? Since using the direct output is post trim and the Dante Inputs are pre trim, when I play back my recordings for virtual soundcheck, the trim for my surface inputs is double counted.

It looks like I can select the ACE Link as an input source but I have not been able to find what ACE channels map to what inputs from the surface. Is it possible to use the ACE Link source to feed my Dante recording directly? If so, is the Surface to Mixrack ACE Link channel mapping documented anywhere?

For background, my system is an iDR-32 Mixrack with a T112 surface. I have a Dante card installed in PortB of the mixrack for recording and virtual soundcheck. This is an install, so all of the mixrack inputs and outputs are connected to the stage which means I’m left connecting my wireless mic receivers to the surface inputs at FOH.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Yes, you can patch ACE Link to Port B Dante. We use up to 32 channels on the ACE Link for local Surface I/O, these are mapped 1:1 so your TRS Input 1 is ACE Link 1 etc. ACE Link 64 is used for Talkback.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Wow, that is useful- I wish I knew that some months ago.

ddff_lv

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.