Virtual Sound Check source tap point

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Virtual Sound Check source tap point

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psmiller
    psmiller
    Participant

Where in the input channel does the Virtual Sound Check feature pull audio from? I believe it would be just before Trim i.e. before any processing but after any pre-amp/ADC if present.

The reason I ask is I was playing with a recording of a church service via VSC and the minister’s mic level was peaking in the input channel. When listening to the input channel live, via the wireless mic, the level is ok. I imagine there is something in the VSC record step that I do not fully understand or have setup wrong.

The setup is an Avantis with a Dante I/O card sending audio to a Windows Laptop with Dante Virtual soundcard and Waves Tracks Live for multitrack recording. I know the wireless mics are mapped to Dante channels 1-12 on the Avantis and the VSC is set to use Dante channels 16-48 on the Avantis mapped to virtual sound card Dante channels.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

this depends on the configuration and the way the recording was made
    if you using direct outs for your recording not made with the “VSC” feature these can be at different positions in the signal chain

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Avantis-Firmware-Reference-Guide-V1.03.pdf
    page 22

but you are right normally the VSC recording is send from the pre trim position and inserted at the same position

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.