VGA out on surface, no image

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions VGA out on surface, no image

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 1 year ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

Hi, should the VGA out on a surface just work straight off? If it does not does this indicate an internal fault?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Were the cable and monitor connected at power up of the Surface? The internal computer needs to see the connection at boot up.

Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

This sorted it! Having worked with computers for about 15 years I can’t believe I didn’t come to that conclusion myself!

Profile photo of Carlos D Vitte
    Carlos D Vitte
    Participant

Hi dymon, How did you solve it?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

By following Nicola’s advice of making sure the screen was powered on and connected to the surface before the surface is turned on/booted up.

Profile photo of Carlos D Vitte
    Carlos D Vitte
    Participant

Thanks, someone know what we can do when the projector is not compatible with the resolution from the dlive’s Monitor Out?
    I have a 4k projector but minium accept VGA 1080×1920

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

The Dlive outputs 1024×768. You’ll have to find a display/projector that supports that resolution, or try to get a converter that will take a 1024×768 input and upscale it to what your projector needs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.