Very low muffled recording straight to Audacity

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Very low muffled recording straight to Audacity

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidCo DavidCo 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Depends on the audio out configuration – I think the USB inputs are not ptahcable, so you have to use the aproppriate channels on the “USB soundcard” – it might be that different programs are using different devices in windows speak.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

gilly,

Could you answer my earlier question of “How much is going on in the channel and LR processing?”

If your LR or channel processing has any gating, PEQ, GEQ or compression on it, then by recording from LR bus it shall be recorded with processing.

DC

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

For the radio mic Ch 22 we have PEQ on, HPF on, Compression on

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

They may be in, but is the processing affecting the signal in any way? Same question for LR.

DC

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

So Dave can we make it pre-EQ

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

LR cannot be entirely pre-EQ as it will still contain channel processing.
    If you want a totally clean recording I’d instead suggest recording directly from the channel insert send point. Set the relevant USB outs (1 and 2?) on your IO patch to CH22 (i think you said?) and make sure CH/ST/Grp source is on “Insert Sends”

However we still haven’t established whether this is actually the problem. I refer you to the questions in my previous post.

DC

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Hi guys
    I discovered the problem yesterday.
    For the QU-24 to record in stereo to Audacity via USB streaming you need to assign 2 of the channels to LR right & left. We initially had this set up that way [In Setup – IO Patch – USB Audio: Ch 1 was set to LR (L) and Ch2 set to LR (R)]. But when I went into check yesterday it was back to the default setting i.e. Ch 1 assigned to Ch 1 and Ch 2 assigned to Ch 2. When I set it back the proper way and tested, it worked perfectly as per before. I don’t know how this got changed as Standard users wouldn’t know about this in order to accidently change it…strange ???

Can I prevent a Standard user from chamging this by selecting Block on Output Patch in Global Filter screen ?

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Hi gilly,

Standard and Basic users do not have sufficient permission to change this screen, or in fact any setup screen.

DC

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.