Ventura O.S and Qu32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Ventura O.S and Qu32

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rafael A&H Rafael A&H 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

I recently updated to the Ventura O.S.and it’s not working with my Qu32. So it automatically set up my groups but the fader is not connecting in Logic pro x. I have a 2021 Mac Book pro M1 max. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I searched the forum before writing this and could not find anything.

Stupaak

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Looks like I need to update my firmware from .95 to .96. I will update this thread once I do.

Stupaak

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @stupaak,

Please note that we are still completing compatibility tests of our products with macOS Ventura, though changes to the existing software or driver may not be required. We’ll update you as soon as we have news.
    In the meantime, we advise against updating your OS wherever possible, and you can check for compatibility of your product on our website. https://www.allen-heath.com/

Thank you,
    Rafael

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

This is an update. I was able to get my Qu 32 to work with Ventura with no problem. I was the problem. It had been so long since I set up midi control that I had it set wrong. there are some minor glitches but that could be how I have things configured with Logic.

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

So the midi control worked for about a week very well with Ventura. Until it didn’t yesterday it stop communicating with Logic Pro X. I noticed it after I was having issues with my soft control numbers 6 and 7. I reset the soft controls a few times before giving up. I cleared mixes that were in my memory that I wasn’t going to be using. I know kinks are trying to be worked out so I hope this information will help.
    I did restart my computer. I also restarted my Qu 32.

Stupaak

Profile photo of SoupKitchen
    SoupKitchen
    Participant

@rafaela As you are probably aware, the website is in many cases not helpful or good to navigate. Could you direct me to a page that lists compatibility? I cannot find it, searching the help center for Ventura gives no results.
    Many companies have a nice table or sheet with products and operating systems and DAWs. Could y’all maybe create something like that? Every year I’m trying to find or wait for official info and then around May I just give up and update and hope for the best. I’m still waiting for a confirmation from a thread last year for compatibility with MacOS 12 Or M1.

Profile photo of DCAstro
    DCAstro
    Participant

Is Ventura compatible now? I’ve been having a horrible time trying to make my QU-32 work with a new Mac Studio and Ventura. Opening a support ticket was no help.

Rafael A&H

Hello @dcastro,

I can confirm that QU is compatible with Ventura OS in both Intel or M1/M2 processors.
    I’m sorry that you didn’t find a solution through the Support channel, if you reply back to the last thread or open a new ticket at Support@allen-heath.com, we will be happy to continue assisting and troubleshooting with you.

Cheers,
    Rafael

Profile photo of DCAstro
    DCAstro
    Participant

Hi Rafael,
    Thanks for your help! I’m using a Mac Studio Max M1, with 64 gig of RAM and the latest versions of Ventura and Logic Pro. My QU-32 is running Firmware 1.97- Rev 4574. I’m connecting to the board using a Apple USB to USB C adaptor.Tried the two rear USB ports and Thunderbolt / USB 3 ports on the Mac Studio with the same results; distorted sound (like a bitcrusher), the track slows up and down like a drum and bass track and sometimes stops for a few seconds. Tried playing an MP3 file from the Music app thru the board with the same results, so it’s not a Logic Pro issue. Any help would be appreciated. I resorted to using my old 2012 Mac Pro again while this is sorted out.
    Thanks,
    Delino

Rafael A&H

Hello @dcastro,

To troubleshoot with the Support department, please contact us at Support@allen-heath.com

Thank you,
    Rafael

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.