V1.8 Question

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions V1.8 Question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gerry Winkl Gerry Winkl 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mort
    Mort
    Participant

Hi,

I understand that with V 1.8 it is possible to use the two stereo group outs as additional stereo auxes. As we all know the group outs have no physical outs on the GLD AR2412. Will it be possible to route the group outs to the physical outs 1-4 on the AR2412 or will this be possible with the four additional outs on an AR0804 used as an expander? I work mainly for a four piece band and all use IEM. Until now I was only able to provide three of them with a stereo mix and one of them (the bass player, of course…) was the “Last of the Monocans”… ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know I can keep the transmitter at FOH, but Iยดm unsure if the signal is strong enough especially when we’re playing open air (they’re using LD Systems IEM… not by my choice!).

Cheers from Germany,

Martin

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The AR outputs are freely patchable.

Profile photo of Gerry Winkl
    Gerry Winkl
    Participant

I have tried the new AMM-Feature on QU 16: In my GLD in that mode all mics, wich are not spoken in, are ducked – only the mic in use is open and keeps open until an other mic gets used – that works perfect! In my QU 16 all mics in AMM-mode are only ducked, when one mic is in use and instantly they rise up to “normal” level, when no mic is spoken in. so all mics are open when the speaker is not talking. So i have nearly no benefit regarding gain before feedback Do i have a bug in my firmwareinstallation?

Profile photo of JohnnyD
    JohnnyD
    Participant

It sounds like you are comparing Qu with GLD but with the GLD in “NOM” mode. If you switch your GLD to “D-Classic” mode you should find it operates exactly the same as Qu.

Gerry Winkl
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the answer….

Gerry Winkl
    Participant

I’ll try it in a congress-venue, but i think for important gigs i’ll prefer the GLD. The AMM in NOM-Mode works phantastic. The AMM in QU is at the time quite disappointing. hoping on the grace of nicola… ๐Ÿ˜‰ Maybe A&H can think about premium-firmware-updates. To get the well working GLD-AMM for our QU’s – I would pay for! greetings from berlin. gerry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.