V1.11 Not routing audio issue.

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting V1.11 Not routing audio issue.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ZacW
    ZacW
    Participant

I’ve been working on Avantis for several months now with no issues. My general routing flow is inputs -> sub groups -> ST mains -> matrices -> outputs. I also have DCAs and mute groups enabled. The other day, my entire drum section would not output but was showing signal. DCA and mute group were checked. Sub group, ST main, and matrix were up and active, but yet no audio. The rest of the band was coming through just fine but the drums would not rout to the ST mains or IEM mixes. I tried bypassing my signal flow and going straight to the mains, but still no audio from the drums. Finally, I recalled a different scene from the day before and it worked just fine. Same routing set-up.

I’ve also encountered the Avantis randomly deleting my channels.

Is anyone else having odd software issues with their Avantis on this firmware version?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I am using v1.11 and have experienced none of those issues. On the individual drum channels, are the small “mute” LEDs (below the buttons on the channel strip) illuminated? If so, then there is a mute group or DCA mute enabled somewhere. Is there signal at the individual channels? Can you PFL those channels and hear audio?

Also check the ON/OFF state of the individual channels in the mixes that you want to send them to.

Profile photo of ZacW
    ZacW
    Participant

I had checked the DCA mute and it was indeed not active. Same thing for mute groups. The small mute indicator was not lit up.
    We were getting signal to the individual channels but it wasn’t routing after that. I did not check the PAFL.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I would PAFL the channels to make sure that something in the channel chain isn’t holding it up (inserts etc). After that check the “Routing” tab to verify that you are indeed sending those channels to where you want them. PAFL them at those points too, and continue this along the signal path. You should find the problem. Again make sure that inserts etc in each subgroup etc are not blocked (routed to nothing) along the way.

Also remember that the metering on subgroups is after the fader, unlike the channels which is pre-fader. Since the small mute LEDs are not illuminated it’s likely something in the subgroup since all of the missing signals happen to be drums.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.