V1.1 Is here!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hi Team,

Avantis v1.10 has been released!

You can find out all about it here – https://www.allen-heath.com/avantis-v1-1/

I’ll be doing a Facebook live this afternoon around 3pm on the main Allen & Heath FB page, and a more in depth webinar you sign up for here – https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_6mo-prx0ROaMBUDBc_3A9g

We know you’ve been waiting patiently, and not so patiently for this one, we all hope you like it.

– Jack

Profile photo of conrad
    conrad
    Participant

Yay!

Profile photo of conrad
    conrad
    Participant

No firmware 1.10 reference guide?

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

I’m just putting the finishing touches to it. It will follow soon.

Profile photo of conrad
    conrad
    Participant

Thank you!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Thanks!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

A&H uploaded a few new videos today including two that discuss the new Avavntis Director software.
    https://youtu.be/Ly1HNAXZx3k Avantis Director Part 1 – Offline Mode
    https://youtu.be/jOsXZZ8F6gw Avantis Director Part 2 – Online Mode

Profile photo of Kris
    Kris
    Participant

Still no phone app?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Still no phone app?

I doubt you will ever see a phone app for the Avantis. There isn’t even one for the SQ series and that is a mixer that is focused at the market that wants a phone app. The Avantis is geared towards higher input, more professional settings where a phone app really isn’t going to be useful. Consider it a “Mini-DLive”. The Avantis Director is the only fully featured control app that is going to be available.

Profile photo of conrad
    conrad
    Participant

There is a phone app for SQ. It is call SQ MixPad. It runs on PCs, tablets and phones.
    Sure you need a reasonable size screen but it is very slick, fully featured and very useable on my Mate 20X.

In fact, to my mind, SQ MixPad is a lot nicer than the new Avantis Director, which has presumably been derived from the older dLive Director. It is a shame they couldn’t have derived the new Avantis app from the SQ code base, and had the benefits of Android, etc. compatibility.

I am an Avantis user and I would dearly love an Android version of Director that was as nice as SQ MixPad. However, it looks very unlikely now that they will develop one.
    Avantis is clearly a superior desk but it seems to have acquired a somewhat inferior app.

My only other hope is that David from dev-core.org will rise to the challenge, if only he could justify purchasing a desk to do the development.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

To my knowledge it is not only the necessary hardware. It seems to be A&H not revealing the protocol for dLive and Avantis to David also.
    I would love to get MixingStation for dLive, too…..

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You can build your own phone app using Custom Control which is available on Avantis as well as dLive.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

and btw… MixPad and OneMix are available for Avantis as well… MixPad is a bit like the SQ MixPad and OneMic is working on phones… but it’s Apple only… we need an Android version…

Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

Custom control is a good option, but not complete as you currently can’t add certain features – you can make a decent panel for say IEM control but you can’t use it for eq and other processing features which is a bit limiting.

Having both an Avantis and SQ I can say I really prefer the SQ apps, they are just so much more practical and when you have novices using the desk they are also easier to pick up. To me device type isn’t so much of an issue – its the feature set that is disappointing.

That being said I see the apps as important, but not critical. So happy to work with what we have, but I would be ecstatic if they could be improved and made to work more like the SQ series.

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.