V 1.80 ?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 38 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ben A&H Ben A&H 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

How’s everyone getting along with v1.8. I haven’t seen any posts about glitches. So far so good?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

no problems so far…

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

no problems so far…

Found one!

IP8 has issues connecting when set to DHCP. I’ve already contacted support and they’re working on it. Sounds like a device discovery thing. Basically, IP8 will connect as long as it’s powered on and connected to console at boot only. If you connect IP8 at any other time, IE after console has booted, console will recognize that an IP8 exists (surface/controllers, it shows up,) but it will *not* connect. Removing/adding the controller doesn’t remedy connection either.

Switching IP8 to static IP seems to be the best workaround for now. Static mode connects just fine every time.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I recognised there is now a limited LowCut Filter up to 200Hz at the FX-Return-Inputs! Not able to expand this like you can at the normal input channels! If I load an older Showfile where the LowCut was set higher than 200Hz it still shows you this way in the window.. but as soon as you touch the Filter value it jumps down to 200Hz maximum! I don’t like to be limited by 200Hz.. or is there a reason why it has changed since last FW?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

DHCP is not good any idea anyway. Huge sticker with IP on every device. Works without a chrystal ball.

@ ddff_LV – For most situations that’s true. If, however, you have a device that you’re moving between systems/networks, Static DHCP reservation on the network side is a much more seamless way to move that unit around.

@ EOTsskleet – Stop using FX returns, use input channels instead. You’ll find a *lot* more processing flexibility using inputs vs returns, generally speaking.

Profile photo of Runepune
    Runepune
    Participant

Stop using FX returns, use input channels instead. You’ll find a *lot* more processing flexibility using inputs vs returns, generally speaking.

You can route FX outputs to input channels? I’m sitting here with Director and can’t figure that one out. I can’t even unassign outputs on the back panel of the FX slots.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

select the rack fx output in the input channel source select window

Profile photo of Runepune
    Runepune
    Participant

select the rack fx output in the input channel source select window

🤓👍

Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

I finally got around to updating one of our surface/mixrack combos to v1.8. Seems pretty solid so far. The only oddity I’ve noticed is a couple screens lag a little. The meters one always did but now the utility/shows one has the same lag. Not a huge deal but kind of annoying.

Wolfgang
    Participant

I can confirm the 200Hz lowcut in the FX returns.
    I have also found that older FX scenes are called up with the old values. I can’t test how this affects the sound at the moment. My next concert with my dLive is on friday.
    it would also be important to me if the locut could be set freely again. this is essential for special effects.
    a solution via inputs makes the storage of FX scenes even more complicated. with every change of the mix busses i have to adjust the recall filters of all my FX scenes. if you also have to recall single input settings, it’s very complex in the end.
    if that can’t be adjusted, i’ll have to build an external effects solution.

otherwise i can handle the new possibilities very well !

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Hi all,

The FX Return PEQ behaviour that has been identified in this thread by @eotsskleet and @wolfgang is a bug which has now been logged with our R&D team.
    We will be looking to fix this in a future FW update.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused!

Ben

Wolfgang
    Participant

Hello Ben, many thanks for this feedback.
    I’m already eagerly awaiting the 1.81 😉

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Yesterday Director froze up in my wings setup for the first time after 2 hours into the show. Everything else on the computer was still running (Waves Tracks, Playback software). Never happened before since this setup is running since last year February. As this was the first show with 1.8 installed, is there a logfile to be found somewhere, that might help in finding the culprit? This is on a Windows 10 pro machine.

And talking about 1.8. Since the firmware update dLive MixPad on the iPad will not show the connected Mixrack in the list anymore. Have to use “other” and the IP to connect. Using static IPs only.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.