Using USB as insert for external processing (eg. wavesrack)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Using USB as insert for external processing (eg. wavesrack)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 0liver
    0liver
    Participant

I know this is possible with other digital consoles in and around the price range of the qu16; but even after checking the manual, I am not sure if this is possible, so;

Can I stream all my inputs on the board to my macbook; and rather then record; use software like wavesrack or even my DAW (cubase) to process (EQ, dynamics, etc) and return it to the respective channel?

Essentially using the USB streaming as an insert.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

This is a great question! It would be nice to get an answer… although it can be tried and see for yourself. I might do that…

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Not really. A channel is sourced from either the XLR/dSNAKE socket or USB. What you are suggesting is an ‘Insert Return from USB’ which is not supported. You can only insert internal FX on a channel.

However you can use plugins over USB B for send-return FX such as reverbs and delays. For example, assign a Mix to USB 19-20 in Setup / Audio / Output Patch, then route the return from your DAW to one of the Stereo channels.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.