Using the recall Filter

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Using the recall Filter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of johnc
    johnc
    Participant

I am using the GLD-80. I have a show with several scenes and in all but one scene I want any changes made in the input levels to remain as the scenes are changed, So, I went into the recall filter for those scenes and set all the input levels to block. This works as expected for the MAIN mix but for any other auxes the faders go back to the beginning scene settings when those scenes are recalled. Does the recall filter block only work on the MAIN mix?

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

The input “level” recall filter only affects the input’s send level to LR. If you want to keep the level for the auxes from changing scene-to-scene you need to block the “routing” parameter from being recalled. This can be done in the recall filter on a per-scene basis, or you can do it for all scenes using the “Global Scene Safes” option.

Profile photo of johnc
    johnc
    Participant

Thanks cornelius78 and you are absolutely correct.It turns out the routing approach fixed my problem although it does seem that the “level” block should apply to the level on all sends. Possibly something to consider in an update although there may be a good reason not to do so.
    Thanks again

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

There are plenty of times when you’d want to block the channel fader from recall without blocking your send levels, it wouldn’t be viable at all to have them lumped together. Mixing IEMs from FOH would be one obvious example. The musicians want their ear mixes to be exactly the same as when the scenes were stored for each song, but the FOH mix is being actively mixed depending on how it sounds in the room at the time and you don’t want your faders resetting each time you recall a scene.

“level” in this case means “channel fader”, maybe it could be renamed?

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.