Using Stereo Line Inputs in a Pinch

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Using Stereo Line Inputs in a Pinch

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GR-PDX GR-PDX 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

Is the gain stage of ST-1 and ST-2 the same a s Mic inputs 1 through 16? Is it possible (given the right adapters) to use ST-1&2 as dynamic mic inputs?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes. Absolutely. I tried Y connecting the inputs (at the AR24) and to my 2 cent ears sounds fine to me. However technically they are line level on the rear of the mixer (I think)
    I also ran 3x QU16’s (together) and used the ST1 and ST2 as the inputs from the 2 outside desks. But that’s where the problem came in. They are dedicated to left and right so I had to sum the signal going into ST1&2 however I could still use the 2 outboard QU16s as subgroups. Hope this helps. cheers davyd

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

The three qu16’s together, may I say – awesome!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

You can certainly plug mics into 17 – 22 on an AR2412 box and they show up on the stereo channels.

However, I’d be very surprised if you could use the jacks on the back of the desk in this way.

Profile photo of moon
    moon
    Participant

I use the stereo line level inputs all the time as keyboard inputs
    cheers,
    Mike

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Hey Mike, which stereo inputs do you use for that? ST1, 2 or 3? And do you use it on the AR** Rack or direct on the console? The only stereo input i would worry about is the mini jack on the top of the console! the other inputs should work for dynamic microphones i think. In combination with a rack there wan’t be a problem because the preamp is in the Rack and this once are made for mics!

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Direct into the balanced 1/4″ line inputs, even if you have enough gain I’d be worried about what the impedance might do to the mic sound.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.