Using qu16 as monitor mix desk

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Using qu16 as monitor mix desk

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nilsemil
    nilsemil
    Participant

This is sort of a newbie question. If i come to a regular venue, with a good mixing desk, but no stage monitor mix console,

how would i set up the qu16 to do the job? would the main desk come first and feed the qu16, or the other way around?

thankful for a pedagogic answer.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Hi nilsemil
    With the Qu-16 there’s no possibility to split the signal digital! That means you have to do it the “old way” and use an analog splitter! (Microphones –> splitter –> Split A to the Monitor Mixer –> Split B to the FoH Mixer)
    Cheers eotsskleet

Profile photo of nilsemil
    nilsemil
    Participant

it’s not my biggest need anyways, and i guessed this was the way it worked. what desks does this?

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

GLD and iLive can do it digital! I’ve got a GLD-80 and with a DANTE-Card i can split the signal digitally to any other desk that has a DANTE Card! Then normally you run the signal from stage into the Stagebox of the monitor-board (Gain-master) and split the signal from the monitor-mixer to the FoH-mixer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.