Using Qu16 and Another interface(Saffire Pro) Logic X

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Using Qu16 and Another interface(Saffire Pro) Logic X

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Trem Trem 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Trem
    Trem
    Participant

I’m interested in buying the Qu 16, but before I do I want to know if its possible to link the Qu16 with my Saffire Pro 40 and Aggregate them so they appear as one Interface in Logic X. If its possible would the Qu still be able to function as a Midi controller and have all its functions enabled.

Thank you

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

How should such work at all? These are two different units, one on USB one on FireWire and therefore need individual driver instances so you will see two units from the application.
    Second the Qu can not sync to another device, it is a clock master only. If the Saffire could be synced to the AES output of the Qu that would be the prerequisite to run both digitally parallel. But you still have two units on application side.

Profile photo of Trem
    Trem
    Participant

I just foundout that I can assign the soft keys to do what I needed done so am sorted.

In Mac OSX i have in the past combined 2 Interfaces to create 1 aggregate interface. I have aggregated a USB and a firewire interface so it does work at times.

Thank you I didnt know the Qu was just a Clock Master only.

Profile photo of ian.hind
    ian.hind
    Participant

You can still aggregate multiple devices even if they don’t have word clock or AES. Just enable drift correction in your audio midi panel.

Profile photo of Trem
    Trem
    Participant

Thanx Ian I didnt know that either.
    I was hoping to find someone who had done it and it worked, that would be a big plus but I can manage im sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.