Using Qpad and Mixing station together

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Using Qpad and Mixing station together

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Hi all,

last night we did a gig with the Qu-SB. Our gueat FOH tech used his Samsung one or the other tablet with the free Mixing station app set to admin. With that he had my Ipad mini with Qu-pad for added real estate also running as admin. On stage, I had my Ipad air2 also running as admin in Qu-pad. The air 2 lost connection somewhere during the gig. Reconnecting didn’t work until I had connencted and then shut down the Qu-you app. The Samsung also lost connection some time during the gig and wouldn’t reconnect. I’m not sure of the chronolgy.
    My Ipad was maybe 6-7 away from the Airport router, he was 30-35 feet away. Bar was pretty crowded. No further A&H apps running on other divices.

I know you can only run 2 instances of the Qu-pad app at the same time along with 6 Qu-you instances but does this also apply when adding the Mixing Station app ? That was the only cause I could think of….

Thanks !

Giga

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Mixing Station is not counted against the iOS device count (they use a proprietary protocol, Mixing Station is MIDI/TCP IIRC

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I have used 2 iPads running QU PAD and a Samsung tablet running Mixing Station all at the same time without any problems.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@debzdoodle
    is that the Samsung Galaxy View?

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Yep

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.