Using fader midi controller with qu-pad.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Using fader midi controller with qu-pad.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of fgrillet fgrillet 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yarden
    Yarden
    Participant

Hi,

I have a qu-sb mixer.
    I was wondering if it’s possible to use a fader midi controller with my ipad so i can sometimes have more physical feeling.
    My guess is that an ipad will be able to connect to a midi controller just like a mouse or a keybord (Although different protocols are used), but i’m not sure if qu-pad app will response to it.
    Anybody tried it before?

Thanks,

Yarden Karny

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

My guess is that an ipad will be able to connect to a midi controller just like a mouse or a keybord

that doesn’t work
    the controllers have no intelligence
    only faders and buttons

Profile photo of fgrillet
    fgrillet
    Participant

Hello it is possible but not directly with Qu-Pad. I use Mixing Station connected to a Behringer Xtouch Extender and it allows me to recover the 8-slice faders, mutings and pan via a USB connection on my iPad. I had seen a video about the Behringer X32 and I thought to myself: why wouldn’t that work with a Qu-Pac? I followed the procedure and it works exactly as described by the author of the video:

For 2 years, this has evolved because since then you have to connect with the Mackie Control protocol and no longer HUI.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.