Using ACE for virtual soundcheck

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Using ACE for virtual soundcheck

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H Leon BigEars A&H 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Owen
    Owen
    Participant

We are keen to start recording some of our rehearsals and shows to help with training and experimentation. Am I eight in thinking we could multitrack record with the ACE card routed into Reaper on a mac or PC. I may be oversimplifying! But before we spend I just wasn’t to make sure.

What advantages are there to using Dante over ACE and vice verse?

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

Hi Owen
    you cannot record from ACE.
    To record all your mic pre signals from a GLD onto a DAW and play back for v-soundcheck you need an option card:
    M-DANTE [you then install Dante Virtual Soundcard on your computer, route everything using Audinate Dante controller software, Dante has added benefit of audio networking to lots of third-parties].
    M-Waves [allows you not only to access the wonderful world of Waves plug ins, but has drivers for multitrack DAW recording and playback to your computer].
    M-MADI [you need a HW Madi interface such as RME coupled to your computer, Madi is also a universal interconnect standard]
    HTH
    A&H tec

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.