Using 7 stereo Mix on QU24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Using 7 stereo Mix on QU24

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cidrack
    Cidrack
    Participant

Hi Guys, how is possible use the mono mix output 1, 2, 3 and 4 as two stereo mix? 1-2 and 3-4? I Need 7 stereo mix.

Thank you very Much.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Don’t think you can change those to stereo. I got 3 more stereo mixes by changing 3 groups to mixes, then routing those mixes to matrices. But that only got me to 6 stereo mixes (for IEMs). For 7 stereo, I think you might need SQ.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Yep, setting your groups to mix mode will be as close as your going to get with a QU24.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

You can use pairs of mono mixes. Assign the same channels, Pan all the channels in one mix left and in the other mix, right. Use the matching channel faders as pan controls.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

While one can use two mono mixes and pan with faders, you then have to use all input channels as mono, so have stereo keyboards, mp3s, LR overheads, etc as 2 mono channels.

Profile photo of Cidrack
    Cidrack
    Participant

Thank you very much

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Using two mono mixes as a stereo pair will work it will just take a little
    more work and menu changes to set up and or adjust the two mixes as a stereo mix. Not so quick to do on the fly during a live show!

For overall mix level using two mono mixes as a stereo I would assign the pair of mix
    master faders to a DCA so you have at lease one common fader to adjust the overall mix level.

Profile photo of Cidrack
    Cidrack
    Participant

Thank You.

Profile photo of john
    john
    Participant

Would someone provide me some guidance on how to convert mono mix 1 and 2 to a stereo mix? We run a lot of stereo instruments and everyone wants a stereo IEM monitor mix.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Would someone provide me some guidance on how to convert mono mix 1 and 2 to a stereo mix? We run a lot of stereo instruments and everyone wants a stereo IEM monitor mix.

What QU mixer do you have?

Like I posted on a QU to use the mono mixes as stereo requires lots of fader moves to create a stereo image out of two mono mixes.

If you are using a QU24 or QU32 just switch the groups to mix mode and that will give you up to two more stereo mixes on the 24 and up to four more stereo mixes on the 32.

Profile photo of john
    john
    Participant

I have the qu-pac. Thanks for your help!

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I have a Qu-PAC and assign stereo groups as stereo mixes – just like you would on a QU32 as Mike C suggested above.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

How did I forget the QU Pac! That’s what I use most of the time!!! The QU SB will do the same thing as well.

Profile photo of john
    john
    Participant

Couple questions: 1) how do i assign stereo groups to the mix 1&2 outs? And 2) Can I adjust track levels for the group separate than for my main mix?(so i have an independent monitor mix?)

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

After switching a group to mix mode it operates just like a mix with independent mixing.

On your iPad go to the processing screen, select a group, tap the group master, hit the right arrow, on that screen is where you make the group or mix selection.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.